2021 FUN Sticks will see a new focus on individuals foundational movement and motor skill development, helping build a young persons physical literacy preparing them for a life of sport. The programme will be based on the Hockey NZ module, with adjustments made to increase the individual development focus.
FUN Sticks is an 8 week hockey programme run during term 2, designed for children aged 5-6 years (school Year 1&2)
- An introduction to hockey with an emphasis on having fun
- An opportunity to develop fundamental skills - running, dodging, striking
- A positive and quality coaching environment
- Full involvement for all participants
- Regular changes of activities to maintain enthusiasm and interest
- A safe environment for all activities
- A FUN Sticks t-shirt
- Equipment required to play hockey (Hockey Stick & Ball provided by WHA to use for the session)
- We encourage parents to join in with kids if they want!
Karori (Kelburn Normal School) = Tuesdays 4pm - 5pm
Elsdon (Elsdon Turf) = Wednesdays 4pm - 5pm
National Hockey Stadium (NHS), Wellington = Saturdays 10am - 11am
Fraser Park, Lower Hutt = Saturdays 8am - 9am
The cost for the 8 week programme is $60.
On Saturday 3rd July there will be a festival day for all children held in the morning at the National Hockey Stadium. Children will be able to play games against players from different HUBs as a way to finish the programme. Details will be communicated closer to the time.
Please complete the online form - https://forms.gle/y74Xw8wrxr3hh3du8
Any questions, email Wellington Hockey Community & Development Officer, Bjorn Dix - email@example.com