LOCAL MASTERS COMPETITION
Our Masters Competition takes place in summer and allows players from the age of 30 and above to come together and enjoy hockey at its finest. Our competition, although having a strong competitive nature provides a fun and sociable experience for all to enjoy. The 2018 Masters Competition starts in October with registrations closing 15 October. Details below:
Masters Hockey Competition @ National Hockey Stadium
October to December 2018
Wellington Hockey Association in partnership with the Masters Council is running the Masters Men's and Women's 8-week competition at the National Hockey Stadium starting the week of 22 October. Entries close 15 October. Details below:
Venue: National Hockey Stadium, Mt Albert Road, Berhampore, Wellington
Masters Men: starts Wednesday 24 October and finishes Wednesday 12 December
Masters Women: starts Thursday 25 October and finishes Thursday 13 December
- 11-a-side competition for Men (2 x 30 minute halves)
- 11-a-side competitivecompetition for women (2 x 30 minute halves)
- 6-a-side social option for women (2 x 20 minute halves)
- Umpires provided
- Player of the Day Glass (with a drink of your choice) awarded following each match
- For those aged 34+* as at 31 December 2018
Men's teams can have up to 2 players aged 33+ as at 31 December 2018
Women's teams can have up to 4 players between 30 to 33 years of age as at 31December 2018
Goalies can be any age.
$990 per 11-a-side team (approximately $70 per player based on 14 players in a team)
$400 per 6-a-side (approximately $50 per player based on 8 players in a team)
Clubs or Team Organisers to enter their teams at the link at the bottom of this page.
If you're not in a team but would like to be you can enter at the link above choosing the 'individual' option instead of 'team entry'
Note we will require the date of birth for all those playing in the 11-a-side competition to ensure we capture everyone for trials.
Entries close 15 October 2018
- The National Masters Tournament will be held in Hamilton from 3-9 March 2019
- Trial date confirmed for 25 November 2018 @ 12 noon
- Teams will be named by 7 December 2018
- Non-refundable deposit of $150.00 payable before Christmas for those named in the tournament teams.
For further info contact:
Neville Parker 021 222 2036 and email@example.com
Leah Murphy: 021 819 592 and firstname.lastname@example.org