U15 Representative Programme
As part of a holistic player development programme Wellington Hockey runs an U15 Representative programme which is based on the principles of Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD).
The programme has been designed to meet the age and stage of the athlete at U15 level.
It consists of the following elements;
Trials: It is a requirement that anyone that wants to trial must register through the online registration portal. Trials will be completed over a couple of weekends and will extend to observations of school/club matches by selectors.
Wellington Representative Teams: Two teams for males and females are selected to attend tournaments against other associations.
The guiding principle of this programme is to develop athletes in an appropriate manner for their stage of development. The programme is an inclusive program which provides opportunities for all players.
Rep Programme Information
- U15 A (Premier) Boys 2nd - 7th October - Nelson
- U15 A (Premier) Girls 2nd - 7th October - North Harbour
- U15 B (Championship) Boys 2nd - 7th October - Invercargill
- U15 B (Championship) Girls 2nd - 7th October - Timaru
- U15 A (Premier) Boys TBC
- U15 A (Premier) Girls - Colette Mackenzie, Rachel Lilley
- U15 B (Championship) Boys TBC
- U15 B (Championship) Girls TBC
U15 Trial Information
Trials for the girls will be on the following Sundays:
- 18th June – 8 – 9.30am at NHS 3
- 25th June – 9.30 – 11am at NHS 3
- 2nd July – 10 – 12pm at Maidstone
Trials for the boys will be on the following Sundays:
- 18th June – 9.30 – 11am at NHS 3
- 25th June – 8 – 9.30am at NHS 3
- 2nd July if needed (please pencil this date in)